Best part? It's a "quickie," not even 30 minutes and you've got it made! And, these make excellent leftovers, served warm or cold. Hmm, healthy brown bag lunch option, perhaps?
The photo doesn't look like much, but I promise, these are delicious. Oh, and, we are going to pretend that there are tomatoes in the wrap in the photo...mmmk? We used up all the 'maters before I got around to taking the pictures. Sorry!
Greek Chicken Wraps
Adapted Slightly from "Emily Bites"
Prep/Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Approx 6 wraps
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 12 to 16 oz pre-cooked chicken strips (I used the Tyson Grilled & Ready frozen variety)
- 6 wheat tortillas or wraps
- 3/4 cup roasted garlic hummus (or any other flavor you prefer)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- Balsamic vinegar
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic, basil, oregano, and rosemary; cook 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant. Add the chicken and stir to coat with the oil/herb mixture. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is warmed through.
- Warm the tortillas/wraps. Spread 2 tablespoons of hummus down the center of each tortilla. Divide the chicken evenly among the 6 tortillas, then top each with 2 tablespoons crumbled feta and a few tomato pieces. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Fold in the ends of each tortilla, then roll the sides to make a wrap. Slice each wrap in half before serving, if desired.