Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

21 March 2018

Laissez Bon Temps Rouler

Yes, I know that Mardi Gras was a few weeks ago.

And Easter is on April Fool's Day this year.  Hopefully some of you will have some fun with the collision of the two.  After all, no matter the time of year, let the good times roll!

I attempted making a King cake for the first time this year; I took the lazy man's route and didn't bother to braid it like a traditional King cake.  And, there was no naked baby inside to pose as a choking hazard, but all in all I thought it was pretty tasty.  (My coworkers did too!)

IMG_4653_w

February turned out to be a fairly busy month.  Which is strange because usually everyone is still trying to recover from the holidays and the New Year.
It started off with a wedding shower/birthday party for one of my nieces.  It was a surprise party and we managed to keep it a surprise!  I'm always astonished that anyone can still pull of surprise parties these days - we are all always so connected.

Here's some of the goodies from her party, including sweets I made, savory dishes made by Pax, and the fun sodas supplied by their Madre.

KShowerCollage_w

I was excited to get to create another surprise cake and cupcakes this month too!  And in my favorite sports team's colors with an accent in the popular chalkboard look.  The party planners managed to keep this one a secret too, though I'm told Mrs. Judy was getting suspicious!

JudyCollage

Speaking of sports - basketball playoffs were in full swing during February.

IMG_4661_ew

The local swim team was also wrapping up their season with an awards banquet and trip to state competition.

P2120026_cew


And, the McAlester High Pom Squad went to Disney again this year!

P2090008_cw

Of course, there was a variety of cakes and other goodies.

Baby showers.

P2090018_cew

IMG_4687_ew

Eagle Scout ceremonies.

IMG_4671_ew

Wedding showers.  (P.S. these cupcakes were vegan!)

IMG_4701_ew

And, of course, more birthdays!

IMG_4669_cew

IMG_4711_cew

IMG_4717_cew

P2230029_cew

Ooo...I almost forgot.  Pax and I took a macaron class at Belle Kitchen in OKC and Cheryl Belle (the owner) was our instructor.  It was great fun and sometime, when I have plenty of free time, I'll try my hand at making macarons at home.

IMG_4762

Until next time, happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment