Are you still in need of a fun (and quick) Easter themed dessert? Do you love Easter candy? If so, have I got a treat for you. And you only need four ingredients...one of which is the perennial favorite, Peeps!
These only take about an hour to make, start to finish. They involve no measuring and very little prep work - actually the only thing you have to do before beginning assembly is melt the chocolate. Doesn't get much easier than that! And as an added bonus, the assembly process is very kid friendly, so it's a great opportunity to involve the whole family.
Yield: Approximately 36 Nests
- 2 - 12 oz bags white chocolate chips
- 1 - 16 oz bag pretzel sticks
- 40 Peeps candies
- 1 bag mini candy eggs (I use Mini Robin's Eggs)
- In a large bowl, melt the white chocolate chips; set aside approximately 1/2 cup.
- Stir the pretzel sticks into remaining chocolate until well coated. (You'll have some breakage, but don't fret, it adds to the "nest" look.)
- Place 36 scoops of the pretzel and chocolate mixture onto wax paper. Use either your (clean, freshly washed) hands or two forks to arrange each scoop into a 3-inch nest.
- Dip the bottom of a Peep candy into reserved white chocolate and place onto each nest. Use melted chocolate to attach candy eggs. (Reheat the chocolate if it becomes difficult to work with.)