Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

12 November 2014

Because I Know You Love It

Love what you ask?  Those moments when I share failed baking experiments on the blog.  Don't worry, I get a kick out of them, too.  At least after the initial anger at the fact the recipe didn't work out subsides, then I have a good chuckle, tell myself "never again" for that recipe and onward we go.

Well, today, I have a Halloween goodie "fail" for you.  Yes, I know Halloween was a couple of weeks ago, but I'm behind schedule.  It's all good, you'll still enjoy it.

Here's what it was supposed to look like:

By Happy Food Healthy Life,
click here for the instructions.

And...here's what my version looked like:


Score!  Totally nailed it.  Hahaha!

They did look rather gory, but not anything like I was expecting.  Yes, my brownies were thicker and I used real vanilla in the icing, so it had a strange yellow tinge, but still...  One happy note, I wasn't crazy about the flavor profile, so I, admittedly, wasn't as bummed as I might have been had they been amazingly delicious.

C'est la vie.  I did manage to turn out some other good Halloween goodies for the kiddos though.  Like these magic bars.

PA310050_ew

And these pretzel candy corn hugs.

PA310056_ew

And, ectoplasm!  True, it's not edible, but still fun to play with.  Trust me, I speak from experience.  Oh, and it's messy, too.  But, that just ups the fun factor, right?

Ectoplasm

Just to prove I haven't spent all my time playing and making non-cake things recently, here's a few cake balls I made the other day, both for baby showers.  Can you guess which was for the soon to arrive baby boy and which was for the soon to arrive baby girl?  Three guesses and the first two don't count.  *wink wink*

PA180064_cew

PA100122_cew

Incredibly difficult, I know.  Think I'll go relieve the stress with ectoplasm.  Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment