Advance Notice

ALL custom cake orders must be placed at least two (2) weeks in advance.
No new orders are currently being scheduled.

04 August 2017

Christmas in July

Yep, it's Christmas!  If you consider my sharing July cake and cookie pics with you a gift.  And, hopefully you do.  Or at least, I hope they bring some joy to your day.

Let's go!

IMG_3050_cew

I love it when clients tell me to design whatever I'd like; this time around it was pineapples and glitter and bright spackled paint.  Pineapples are seen as a sign of hospitality and friendship, did you know?

P7150022_cew

Cupcakes...so many cupcakes!  And in an assortment of flavors, too.  I was beyond honored to get to help celebrate this wedding; I've been doing cakes for this particular client since I first started out.  They've been great to me; sometimes I almost feel like one of the family!

P7220005_ew

Duck, bow tie, and rattle cookies to welcome a new bouncing baby boy.

IMG_3090_cew

I was beyond excited when I heard the birthday girl wanted a melting ice cream cone cake.  Then I was promptly stumped by how to make chocolate gold.  Ended up, I had fun with both!

P7240003_cew

Another "hmm...how to?" moment this month - figuring out how to draw a Hereford calf.  I'm not an artist by any means when it comes to drawing, but I think I did alright for my first attempt.

P7260022_cew

Chalkboard style birthday wishes - with sprinkles!

P7260036_cew

Lime green and purple make a punchy color statement, no?  Only thing is that purple buttercream...I always struggle with it.  This one started trying to fade to pink after application.  *sigh*   The struggle continues.

And, last but not least...

IMG_3120_cew

Lily's unicorn!  Miss unicorn and I had some disagreements - turns out large swings in humidity are not the greatest friend to cake (or sugar cone horns).  But it all worked out in the end.

Oh, and speaking of Christmas - I have officially started shopping.  Have you?

Talk to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment