Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

18 January 2018

Oh Look...A Post!

Yep, it may be a new year, but I'm still set in my old ways.  Queen of timely blogging, I am not.

But, hey, I've got a post for you today.  And, maybe, I'll even keep up after this.  Even though technically, I'll still be behind because these goodies are from November 2017...the struggle...

I could use some magic to help me with my to do list.  What about you?

PB170002_cew

I finally attempted the "mirror glaze" that has been such a craze these past few months.  My verdict?  It looks cool, but is a mess and doesn't taste very good (or at least the recipe I used).

PB170023_cew

My two nieces, who ordered the cake, agreed.  And, yes, if you're wondering, they did ask for "mirror glaze with two girls drawn on it."  Their wish = my command.

Another first, making a cookie platter that is one big design rather than stand alone designs all on one platter.  (Confusing, I know.  The photo will explain, hopefully...)

PB290017_cew

I like the idea of having lots of smaller cookies all combined to form one centerpiece design.  I may have to explore other ideas for this.  A turkey at Thanksgiving maybe?

Speaking of cookies, how about these that sport ruffles and bows for a baby shower.

PB290033_cew

And, a few cake pops to go with them.  (Apologies for the lighting on these two photos.  Maybe I should work on honing my photography skills as a 2018 goal??)

PB290029_cew

And, last, but certainly not least - this beauty!

IMG_4135_cew

What is it?  It's a peanut butter cheesecake with a chocolate cookie and peanut crust, topped with a dark chocolate ganache, and finished with chopped peanut butter cups.  This was a special request (another first, as I've never made peanut butter cheesecake before) and it was all I could do to not steal a slice.  Happy to report, those who did get to have a taste, said it was delicious.

Grab a napkin to catch that drool.

Talk to you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment