Advance Notice

ALL custom cake orders must be placed at least two (2) weeks in advance.
No new orders are currently being scheduled.

15 August 2013

Eat 'Em Up

Alligator, alligator...eat 'em up...eat 'em up!  Did you ever do this chant at a sporting event in high school?  We did at basketball games in particular.  And the entire time I was making this cake, I just kept having flashbacks.  Ah, the memories.

P8010054_cew

This alligator wasn't eating anyone though.  In fact, I'd say the tables got turned, and he got eaten instead.  It's a rough life.  Oh, the block in the gator's mouth read "See Ya Later..." just because I know you were curious about that.

As you can probably tell, Mr. Gator up there was for a dentist who was retiring.  And, since there's a new doctor taking over his practice, she got a cake as well.

P7310004_cew

Both the cakes were buttercream.  And, yes, the gator stressed me out.  I don't think I've been that tied up in knots over a cake in quite awhile.  But, both cakes survived the delivery trip.  Yay!

If you're not into dental themed cakes, maybe you'll enjoy these character/pop culture inspired ones.

P8020079_cew

Yep...the quack pack is back.  Did you watch the premier last night?  No?  That's okay, I didn't either.

Cartoons, characters, and comics - vintage and new...

P8020135_cew


P8020106_cew


P8030161_cew

Well, that's all for now.  I'm off to continuing prepping for a wedding cake this weekend.  Talk to you soon!

P.S.  Did I mention that the gator and tooth cake made the front page of my local paper?  Yeah...my cakes are famous!  Ok, well not really, but they were semi-famous in a small town for a bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment