Advance Notice

ALL custom cake orders must be placed at least two (2) weeks in advance.
December 2016 is currently fully booked.
Sugared will be on vacation January 2017 and will NOT be accepting orders from January 1 - January 31, 2017.

27 February 2014

Sonic Boom

First up, I didn't know Sonic (the hedgehog, not the franchise) was even still in existence, much less that he was still popular with the kiddos.  Apparently he is though - proof?  This cake:

P2210020_ew

Turns out, Sonic has been updated over the years (just like EVERY other character I remember from my childhood); he's still recognizable even after his "makeover" though...not at all like some of the female-oriented characters I've encountered after their "updates."  But, that's a soapbox for another time...

The Sonic on the cake was a figurine - no way was I going to attempt to model him by hand!  Everything else was edible, including the gold rings and "6" topper.  (It was well past dark when I took this photo so the colors are a bit off; the yellow tier wasn't that pale in person!)

Second, the boom...or as some of my Sooner-loving associates prefer to say...Boomer!

P2180011_ew

Yes, that's the schooner...and yes, I allowed it in my kitchen.  (Go Pokes!)

Moving on - how about this yumminess?

P2240048_ew

A brownie base, a layer of cheesecake, and then top it all off with crushed Twix candy bars and caramel topping.  Sinfully rich.  Sinfully delicious.  Believe me when I say, just a little dab will do ya!

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment