Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

22 August 2014

Nando's Peri-Peri Sauce


I blame my world-travelling sister and brother-in-law for my craving of this product - it's all their fault!  They introduced us ("us" being the family) to Nando's Peri-Peri Sauce a year or so ago when they came home for a visit...I don't know if anyone else, besides sis and BIL, took to it, but I definitely enjoy it!


The sauce comes in several different levels of heat, as well as a "lemon herb" option.  I like some spice, and having only tried the "medium" level, I can safely say, I would venture to try the hot, but probably not the extra hot.  The medium has some heat, but it also has a lot of flavor and good spice - it's not just out to light your world on fire.


Try it on chicken, fish, veggies, in soups, dips, black beans, marinades...

Oh, and in case you're wondering:  Piri piri (also Peri peri) is a type of bird's eye chili from Africa;  Nando's is actually a chain of restaurants in the Washington, DC/Virginia/Maryland area - I've never eaten there, but may need to make a point of doing so if I'm ever back in that area.

Nando's Peri-Peri sauce is available online (Amazon and Wal-Mart are just a couple of online retailers) and at some brick-and-mortar stores.  You can also find recipes to make your own peri-peri sauce, but I'd say messing with fresh (or reconstituted dry) chilies could be a recipe for disaster, so I'll just purchase my sauce!

Happy weekend!

P.S.  Do you like the Favorite Find Friday logo?  It was created by the fabulous Paxton Cavin.  You can see more of her work here.  She also is the creator behind the header art at the top of the blog.

*I wasn't paid to say nice things about Nando's sauces, just wanted to share a product I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment