Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

31 December 2010

Adieu 2010

Here it is - the final cake of 2010!

DSC04147

At my last count, I created over 80 cake and cookie designs this year, many of which challenged not only my creative abilities, but also my engineering and time management capacities.  This one was no exception - I learned the hard way that a cake you are planning to make "explode" should never be covered in fondant until right before you are ready to create the effect.  Doing so too far in advance, of course, causes the fondant to crack instead of curl.  In the back of my mind, I already knew this, but c'est la vie!  It's just another lesson learned for the future! (Luckily, the cracked fondant added to the design of this cake.  Whew!)

So, here's to the New Year and another chance for us to get it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment