Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

05 January 2011

Melted Snowmen

I've had several inquiries about how I made the melted snowman cookies from my December 29 post.  For those of you who might have missed it, here's a picture of the cookies:

DSC04136

Aren't they the cutest idea? And a very novel one to boot!  I must admit, though, that these cookies aren't an original of mine.  I first came across the idea on the Truly Custom Cakery's Blog, and just recently I learned that Stacey of Truly Custom adapted the idea from Meaghan of the Decorated Cookie.  Thank you, ladies, for your inspiration and Truly Custom Cakery for your excellent tutorial!

For those of you who want to make your own melted snowman cookies using the Truly Custom Cakery's tutorial, click here.  The tutorial looks long, but I assure you, these cookies are easy to make!  They would make an excellent project for younger kids to help out with, and they offer plenty of opportunity for personalization and individual snowman personality to shine through!  As an added bonus, you can use whatever sugar cookie recipe you prefer...maybe even a store bought dough if you don't want to start from scratch.  My snowmen were fairly simple in decoration because I was pressed for time, but you could use buttercream or royal icing to add scarves, hats, or bowties.  You could also explore different types of buttons - maybe mini chocolate chips or large shaped sprinkles...endless possibilities!

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment