Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

12 January 2011

Coach, Chanel, and...Mimosa?

There’s nothing like starting a new year with a few challenges.  And as is often the case with me, one challenge at a time just isn’t enough; I need two or even three or more to really make my stress and anxiety levels skyrocket.  After all, if you’re going to go, you might as well go big, right?
Well…the first cake of 2011 was definitely full of challenges - not only did I have to try to create a cake that did justice to a real life product, but both the cake and the buttercream were new, never-tested recipes.  (Stay tuned to the end of this post to find out what the flavors were.) 

“Well, what was the cake?” you ask.
Here’s a photo of some of the detail work on it…any guesses?

DSC04284

Here's another detail shot, if you need a little more help.  (Oh, by the way, the title of this post is an excellent hint, if you're still having trouble.)

DSC04306

For those of you who guessed a Coach handbag or purse, you are absolutely correct! 

This was a design request that I was very excited to conquer because I've wanted to make a handbag cake since the first time I saw one, I just hadn't had the right occasion to do so until now.  The cake included several details that make a Coach bag a Coach bag, such as the Coach Carriage logo, a Coach keychain, the ubiquitous gold rings and dark brown leather, and of course, the "c" patterned fabric.

DSC04262

To add a little color and some personalization to the cake, I also included several of the recipient's favorite things - cards to her favorite stores, jewelry (for example, the "diamond" earrings pictured below), and Chanel No. 5 perfume (also pictured below along with a store card and a makeup compact). 

DSC04300DSC04292

And the best part?  Everything on the cake was edible!




P.S. For those of you wondering about the "Mimosa" part of this post...allow me to introduce you to the newest cake and buttercream flavors on my availability list:

Mimosa Cake
Champagne Buttercream

They are delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment