Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

25 May 2011

Graduates, an Army Wife, and Pink Zebra Stripes...Oh My!

Oh, and don't forget to throw in a Catholic Priest who is relocating for even more added variety.

Yep, it has been another one of those weeks where the cakes are all a jumble of themes.  I must admit I had my work cut out for me on finding ways to convey a couple of them, but I enjoyed rising to the challenge.

Speaking of challenging myself - some of you may have noticed that the post is a wee bit late today.

**Please Note:  A rather lengthy explanation for my posting tardiness follows.  If you wish to move directly to the cake photos, please scroll past the next paragraph.  Thank you.

The reason is because I'm knee-deep in cake this week.  And next week too, come to think of it...  Truth is, no matter how well I plan, I just don't seem to have enough hours in the day.  I suppose I could cut out all sleeping, but if I did, no one, including myself, would want to be around me!  So instead, I just opted to post a little later today...  (Don't be surprised if the same thing occurs next week!)

**End of lengthy explanation.

Now, on to the cakes!

A graduation reception cake.  Fairly basic in its design since the honorees were from several different schools, but the grad cap and diploma were edible!

P5220177_cw

A birthday cake for a very proud army wife. She was celebrating her last birthday at home before she and her husband headed to their new post.  This was a last-minute order, but was very worth taking on.  The top design is hand-drawn and colored.

P5200143_cw

Another birthday cake, though this one was all about the zebra stripes and the pink!  I love the way the polka dot tier looks in contrast to the stripes, and the bright pink really makes the entire cake pop.

P5210153_cw

A farewell cake for a local priest.  I found this design/occasion a challenge, but was happy with the way the cake looked when finished.  (I probably verified the spelling of his name at least 10 times, I don't want to end up on Cake Wrecks for mangling a name!)

P5220178_cew

Well, I'm off to bake and build a few more cakes.  Hopefully, I come up for air long enough to enjoy part of the Memorial Day Weekend.  Hope you have a great one as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment