Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

22 June 2011

Bright, Happy Colors

Bright, happy colors were the order of the week, every cake I designed was bursting with pops of color.

Like this one in electric green and bright blue.  And, I even got to do a bit more gumpaste sculpting!  I really like the expression on the pup's face; it's amazing what adding a set of eyebrows can do.

P6170476_cew

P6170485_cew

And this "hippie" themed bridal shower cake...

P6180502_cew

The design idea for this cake was pretty loose, basically bright colors and "Summer of Love" worked in somewhere.  It was a huge hit with the client and recipient; the "Summer of Love" piece was hand drawn and colored. That reminds me, I need to order a new purple food pen...

And this stack of gifts for a soon-to-be arriving baby girl...

P6180505_cew

I've done several cakes recently using the bright pink and zebra stripe...I never get tired of it.  I love the way it looks and the addition of the lime green took it up yet another level.  Everything, except for the handle on the rattle, was edible.

And this logo-ed* cake...

P6190524_cew

I know you're probably thinking that this cake isn't popping much at all...but the orange stands out beautifully in the expanse of black and white.  If the logo were done in any other color, while it would still look fabulous, it wouldn't draw near the attention the orange does, so, I'm going to stick with my argument that it too "pops."

Ciao!
*Is "logo-ed" even a word?  My Google searches yielded no firm answer.  I'm somewhat disappointed in you, Google, you've failed me. *sniffle* *sniffle*  

No comments:

Post a Comment