Jalapeno Popper Sandwiches
Adapted from SimplyScratch
Yield: 2 Sandwiches
- 4 whole jalapenos, roasted & steamed (Instructions can be found here.)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 whole green onions, minced
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices Colby Jack or cheddar cheese
- Preheat a griddle to 375°F.
- Combine the cream cheese, minced green onion, and black pepper in a small bowl. Spread the desired amount of cream cheese mixture onto two bread slices, then layer the roasted peppers and cheese over the onion/cream cheese spread. Top with the remaining two bread slices.
- Butter the outer sides of each of the bread slices and cook on the heated griddle until golden and crispy. Serve warm.