Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Courtesy of K
Yield will vary depending on tenderloin size
Average Yield: approx 4 servings
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, julienned
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 roasted green chile, chopped (Roasting instructions, here)
- Cover part of a grill grate with aluminum foil, preheat grill to medium-low.
- Butterfly tenderloin lengthwise. Place jalapeno, onion, garlic, and green chile on one side of the loin. Add salt and pepper to taste. Close the tenderloin, and wrap with the bacon. (You may not need the entire pound of bacon, if not, save it for breakfast the next day!) Secure the bacon with several toothpicks.
- Place loin on the aluminum foil on the grill. Grill until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145°F. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Slice into medallions, removing toothpicks as you plate each piece.