Adapted from EveryDay with Rachael Ray Magazine
- 2 3/4 cups sugar (divided use)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (approximately 1 12-oz bag)
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean
- Sort cranberries to remove any that are soft, then place in a medium heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups sugar and the water to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved; remove from heat.
- Pour the sugar syrup over the cranberries in the bowl; let cool to room temperature. Once cooled, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Using a food processor, pulse 3/4 cup sugar with the vanilla bean seeds until superfine; transfer to a shallow dish.
- Strain the steeped cranberries with a slotted spoon, add to the sugar and roll to coat. Transfer the sugared berries to a parchment-lined baking sheet and let stand until set, about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container (but not a zippered storage bag!) for up to 2 weeks.