Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

29 December 2011

I'm Still Here!

Yep...I'm still here!  I know I haven't been posting quite as often lately, but I have very good reasons for that, including a pre-Christmas blizzard, lots and lots of Christmas baking, and battling a cold that I just can't seem to shake.

But, let's worry about the important things right now...the baking!  I have to say, I don't know that I care to see another one of these for quite a while:

PC200165_ew

Or another one of these:

PC230182_ew

Ah...Christmas themed and melting snowman sugar cookies, the ubiquitous treats of the holiday season.  (You can learn how to make the snowman cookies here.)  At last count, I had baked and decorated over 29 dozen of these goodies (for those of you keeping score, that's 348 individual cookies), so I think my exhaustion of them is understandable.  There were a few days right before Christmas when I wasn't sure I would have enough counter space or baking pans to get them all finished, but, luckily, it all worked out!  And, yes, I did eat my fair share of the "less-than-perfect" ones; all the more reason for me to get back on track with my workout regimen ASAP!

Speaking of cookies, I also had the chance to make my first cookie pops and cookie bouquet these past couple of weeks.  Yes, the cookie pops were Christmas themed...Christmas trees to be exact.

PC170124_ew

But, the cookie bouquet was not!  It was a get-well soon gift, so I had to go with an edible arrangement of sunflowers, daisies, and tulips.

PC170135_cew

Not to shabby for a first effort, eh?  And, I have to admit, it was a lot of fun to get to create something other than a cake for a change.

Before we get too far away from the Christmas goodies, here's a few of the red, white, and green cake pops  made for the holiday.  I mixed edible glitter into the white coating in hopes that it would give the cake pops a pretty, glitter-flaked appearance; as you can tell, it wasn't one of my better ideas.  They still tasted yum though!

PC230187_ew

Oh...and I don't have any pictures to share with you, but I also made homemade English toffee, chocolate fudge, puppy chow, reeses, cheesecake, peanut butter pie...well, you get the idea...for the fam's Christmas celebration.  This was in addition to the homemade cinnamon rolls Madre made for breakfast, and all the savory foods we had for lunch and dinner.  To say we had an over abundance of food would be an understatement, we all had rather large "doggy" bags to take home with us when it was all said and done.

I think that's all the Christmas confections I have to share with you, but I'm not done showing off my other projects just yet!  Here's a cupcake cake I made for a 60th birthday:

PC170115_cew

And the first birthday cake and matching smash cake I made for my nephew.

PC170092_cew


PC170089_cew

These cakes had to travel to Arkansas, so I opted to rough ice them so that they wouldn't quite so readily show any imperfections that might occur during the trip.  The mascot is hand-drawn and colored by yours truly, not a printed image.  And, yes, the birthday boy's parents are both avid Oklahoma State fans, so they are raising him up right!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and that you are looking forward to 2012.  Do you have big plans to ring in the New Year?  Let's just say mine will include lots of windshield time, a visit with some of the fam, and a football bowl game...can you guess which one?  (The birthday cake above provides a HUGE hint.)

Talk to you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment