Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

25 May 2012

English Muffin Mini Pizzas

This recipe is a blast from my childhood...I hadn't made one of these in years!  But then, the other day, as I was staring into my nearly empty refrigerator - yes, I needed to go FOOD shopping, I can make a baked good or pastry item at the drop of the hat, but a savory meal...fugetabouit!  And before you go thinking I can't cook, I can!  It's just that I don't normally have savory ingredients on hand...

Anywho...as I was staring into my nearly empty refrigerator, my eyes landed on the package of English muffins...and the pepperonis, left over from some past dish...and, viola!  I decided to make English Muffin Pizzas!

These are great, and probably the reason my mom had them in the food rotation when my sisters and I were younger, because #1:  they are ready in about 15 minutes and #2:  everybody can make their own pizza, choosing only the toppings they like.  Assuming you provide a plethora of toppings, of course.

English Muffin Mini Pizzas
Printable Recipe


P5010827_ew

Ingredients:

  • English Muffins, plain, split into 2 halves
    • Plan 1 to 2 muffins per person, or 2 to 4 "slices"
  • Pizza Sauce, jarred or homemade
  • Cheese of your choosing (I like to use Mozzarella or a Mexican Fiesta Blend)
  • Additional Toppings of your choosing, some suggestions:
    • Pepperonis (you'll want to quarter them or use the minis)
    • Cooked, scrambled sausage or hamburger
    • Bell peppers
    • Onions
Preparation:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.  Line a baking sheet with foil, and place the desired number of English Muffin halves onto it.
  2. Add the pizza sauce, cheese, and any additional toppings to the muffin halves.
  3. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the muffins are heated through.
  4. Serve as is, or if you have a broiler and would like to get a nice crunch on the edges of the muffins, place them under the flame for a few minutes before serving.  Just watch them carefully so they don't burn!
Happy cooking!



No comments:

Post a Comment