Anywho...as I was staring into my nearly empty refrigerator, my eyes landed on the package of English muffins...and the pepperonis, left over from some past dish...and, viola! I decided to make English Muffin Pizzas!
These are great, and probably the reason my mom had them in the food rotation when my sisters and I were younger, because #1: they are ready in about 15 minutes and #2: everybody can make their own pizza, choosing only the toppings they like. Assuming you provide a plethora of toppings, of course.
English Muffin Mini Pizzas
- English Muffins, plain, split into 2 halves
- Plan 1 to 2 muffins per person, or 2 to 4 "slices"
- Pizza Sauce, jarred or homemade
- Cheese of your choosing (I like to use Mozzarella or a Mexican Fiesta Blend)
- Additional Toppings of your choosing, some suggestions:
- Pepperonis (you'll want to quarter them or use the minis)
- Cooked, scrambled sausage or hamburger
- Bell peppers
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with foil, and place the desired number of English Muffin halves onto it.
- Add the pizza sauce, cheese, and any additional toppings to the muffin halves.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the muffins are heated through.
- Serve as is, or if you have a broiler and would like to get a nice crunch on the edges of the muffins, place them under the flame for a few minutes before serving. Just watch them carefully so they don't burn!