Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

15 August 2012

Birdies, Blooms, and Bows

I got to make sugar cookies last week!  And, they weren't Christmas themed!

Nope, they were brightly colored blossom and birds.  Who would have thought I would be so excited to make sugar cookies.  Remind me of this come December when I'm up to my neck in Christmas cookies...mmmk?

P8010060_ew

The blossom cookies were loosely inspired by the Izze Beverage logo; I love their sparkling pomegranate juice, bummer that I can't find it in any of my local stores.  Anywho...the birds I made using an orchid cutter from one of gumpaste cutter sets.  Simple and super cute!

And, we may be in a significant and continuing drought around these parts, but I can always make flowers bloom; gumpaste flowers anyway.

P8010021_cew

Who wouldn't love to get a cake that looks like a pretty package, complete with a puffy red bow?

P8010037_cew

In this case it was a "gift" for a wedding shower, so the tag read "Showers of Happiness," and since the bride's chosen wedding colors were black, white, and red, the decorative piping was done in black buttercream.

Talk to you soon!
Izze Beverage doesn't know who I am, no endorsement implied.  Just love their stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment