Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

21 August 2012

New & Nifty: Gourmet Garden Herbs & Spices


I love using fresh herbs and spices in my cooking, but all too often I only need a small amount and end up throwing out the leftover bunches that have languished in my fridge too long.  So imagine my delight when I came across the line of Gourmet Garden Herbs & Spices in my local mega mart.  Here's a shot of the packaging:

I tried out the cilantro in this recipe, and it worked wonderfully.  It tasted like fresh chopped cilantro and it will keep in my fridge for up to 3 months!  True, it is a bit pricier than buying the fresh cilantro, but it saves the prep time and has a much longer shelf life.  And, for herbs or spices that are more expensive when buying fresh, the price difference shrinks considerably.

Gourmet Garden has an entire line of herbs and spices - everything from cilantro to lemon grass to a Moroccan blend.  You can check out their website here.

Mmm...tasty!
Gourmet Garden didn't ask me to endorse their product; they don't even know who I am.  Just wanted to share the nifty find!

No comments:

Post a Comment