Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

03 January 2013

The Last Cakes of 2012

Well, we survived 2012.  Though to be honest I hoped you did more than just survive it.  I hope you lived it and had some fun along the way.  I did, and I'm positive that 2013 will be even better.

Since 2012 is kaput, I figured I had better get on the ball and share the final two cakes of the past year with you before too much time went by.  So, here they are!

PC281177_cew

A harvesting tractor.  Yes, I know it's the middle of winter and there is no harvesting going on (at least not 'round here), but this particular little boy loves tractors, so I built him one.  From rice krispies.  And put it in a "field" made from buttercream.  The tractor turned out being easier to build than I had originally thought; I did make a few notes to make the going even smoother if I ever tackle one again though.

PC291227_ew

And a superhero themed cake for another little boy who was turning 5.  (Just in case you didn't catch that from the picture. Haha!)  The cake was a double barrel (double height) finished in buttercream with sugar sheet cutouts for the name and age.  The mask topper was cut from gumpaste and then hand drawn and colored.

I've got a few days off from the kitchen this week.  Not sure what I'm going to do with all my free time...I'll figure something out though.

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment