Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

22 July 2014

Young and Old

Er...older.  That's what I meant.  Not old.  Old is just an opinion; age is just a number.  Live as young as you can handle and can get away with!

Though I don't think I'd want to go back to being 1 again...didn't get much say in anything at that age.

P6210095_cew


Age 3?  Still, not a whole lot of choice on most things.  But, hey, superheroes actually existed in thine eyes. And, let's be honest, some days now days I think I'd gladly let someone else make the decisions for me.  Oh, and let's not forget - a green lantern Halloween treat bucket that lights up.  How cool is that?!

P6280231_cew

4 years old?  Hmm...I do wish I could go back and cash in all those naps I didn't want to take at that age.  I should have been able to stockpile them for use as an adult...these days I do love me a good nap.  *sigh* How things change.

P6250120_cew

9?  Looking back this is a pretty good age - minimal responsibility, maximum fun. (Didn't realize how good I had it at the time, of course.  I was an overworked, slave-driven child.  Weren't you, too?)  Though it is still an age when there's the concern about monsters - under the bed, in the closet.  Of course, I didn't worry about monsters under my bed at that age, there was too much other stuff under there, no way one would have fit!

P6270160_cew

Course, as you get older, you do have things to look forward to.  Like changing careers, moving to new exciting places, making new friends.  (These cuppies were for a going-away party, just FYI.)

P6290239_ew

Retirement.  Assuming you've planned well and can afford to (money tip of the day - go start planning for retirement!).  Do they still give gold watches?  Did they ever give gold watches?  Or was that just a movie thing?

P6270144_cew

And, eventually, if you're really a tough one and you have fantastic friends with a great sense of humor - you might get a birthday cake like this:

P6270179_cew

Complete with dirt and worms cupcakes.  Yep, those childhood classics; re-enactments of How to Eat Fried Worms scenes coming to mind?  Or was that just something my sisters and I did as kids?

P6280208_cew

See, it really does come full circle.  Who says you have to always act like an adult just because your "grown-up?"

Hmm...wonder if I can find a recipe for a "Whizband Worm Delight?"  Then I'll just have to find someone to bet; still a better deal than 15 worms in 15 days...

Talk to you soon!
*If you have no idea what I'm referring to regarding the worms, I urge you to go pick up the book and give it a read.  I bet your library has a copy.  Yes, libraries still exist.  Or, you can purchase a copy.  But, whatever you do, don't opt for the movie, the book is better.  Never judge a book by its movie!  One other tidbit about How to Eat Fried Worms - it was once (maybe still is?) a banned book.  All the more reason to go read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment