Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

01 September 2015

Good Eggs


Egg turnover in my refrigerator is seldom a problem with all the baking I do; though occasionally I'll fail to rotate the stock like I should and will find myself down to the last eggs in the fridge with a well past "Sell By" date.

Turns out I can determine which eggs are still good eggs and which eggs are past their usability (i.e. bad eggs) with this simple method:
  • Fill a bowl/cup/etc with water (preferably a glass container or one that you can see through).  Make sure you have enough water in the container to completely cover + some the egg.
  • Gently place an egg in the container.
    • If it floats, you've found a bad egg.  It's no good; toss it immediately.
    • If it sinks, you've found a good egg.  Yay!  Keep for future use.
    • If it stands on one end, you've found an egg that's starting to go bad.  You can still use these, but you need to do so as soon as possible.
Mmm...tasty!



No comments:

Post a Comment