Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

09 June 2017

May-hem

May is always a crazy busy month, but this year it started off a little more hectic/more out of the ordinary from usual.  We had a blizzard on April 29/30 that knocked out power.

IMG_2839_cew

So, I ended up caking by lantern light for several days.  The show must go on!  Luckily, Madre got power a few days before I did, so I was able to do the decorating on the cakes that follow where there was electric, but...taking the cake decorating show on the road presents it's own challenges.  And, it's not a show that packs light.
Luckily, "naked" cakes don't require much in the way of decorating tools.

P5050003_cew

R.N. cakes do though.  Tools I failed to pack.  So, I MacGyver-ed a few that got the job done.

P5050014_cew

Thankfully, the power was back on by the time I needed to make this elephant happen.

P5060026_cew

He traveled all the way to OKC for a birthday.  And, I started work on the rest of the May orders.

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment