Mojito Ice Cream Pie
Adapted from Weight Watchers
Yield: 1 9-inch pie
- 2 cups miniature pretzel twists (or sticks)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 oz frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 quart vanilla low fat frozen yogurt, slightly softened
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 1 tablespoon creme de menthe
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- Mint leaves and lime slices, for garnish, if desired
- Whipped cream, for garnish, if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Process the pretzels in a food processor until finely ground. Add the butter, sugar, and 2 tablespoons of the limeade concentrate to the pretzels. Process until moist and crumbly. Press the crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Bake crust until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Let cool, then freeze 10 minutes or until cold.
- For the filling, mix the frozen yogurt, remaining limeade, rum, creme de menthe, and lime zest in a large bowl until blended. Pour the filling into the crust. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours. When ready to serve, allow pie to soften slightly in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes before slicing. Garnish with lime slices, mint leaves, and whipped cream, if desired.
This pie freezes exceptionally well for up to 1 month. Simply wrap the pie loosely in wax paper and then again in heavy duty foil.