Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

28 July 2011

Paint Me an Ocean Scene

It is wild and crazy in my cake realm right now, so today's post will be fairly short and sweet. Though to make up for it, I promise to have lots to share with you next week...including my latest cake toy!

Here's the cakes from last week:

P7200733_cew

A painter's palette.  Everything is edible, with only the paintbrush and paint tubes being made from gumpaste, the rest is all buttercream.  This cake really let me get in touch with my inner artist. Hehe.

P7230741_cew

A beach/seashore/ocean themed wedding cake. I apologize for the picture quality; the reception venue was very dark even though it was the middle of the afternoon.  C'est la vie!  All the seashells and the monogram topper are hand molded from gumpaste and airbrushed to have a slight sheen; the "sand" is a various mix of sugars and sanding crystals.  This is the first cake I've ever created with an open space between the tiers.  I love the look, but will definitely be using a different structure system next time...no more Wilton plates and push-in pillars.  They just didn't seem stable enough!  Live and learn!

Gotta go dive back into the sea of cake and buttercream!  Until next week,

No comments:

Post a Comment