Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

19 April 2013

Fresh Friday, Vol. 3

Real Food Runner
It's Friday!  And, I'm linking up with Katherine over at the Real Food Runner to share a few things that were fresh and fantastic about my week.  Did I mention it's Friday?  And the weather is beautiful?!



Anywho...my 3 things for this week:
  1. Atomic bowling...complete with bowling shirts.  I hadn't been bowling in years; threw my share of gutterballs, but am proud to report I came out the winner overall, winning 3 of the 5 games we bowled.
  2. Peachwave frozen yogurt.  It was a treat for my birthday, so I couldn't pass up the cheesecake flavor along with the fudge brownie flavor.  Oh, and it wouldn't have been complete without sprinkles and candy bar pieces.  Did I mention it was a treat for my birthday?
  3. I'm a runner.  I know that doesn't sound like anything particularly fresh and fantastic, but after the bombings at the Boston Marathon this week, I couldn't have been prouder to call myself one.  I was in shock at what happened, but was moved by how quickly the running community mobilized to help.  Our sport is largely one that is based on individual effort - we run for ourselves, we set our singular goals, but it is also one of the closest-knit communities I've encountered - runners are accepting and welcoming to other runners no matter where in the world they are.  I may never qualify for Boston or cross that fabled finish line, but I'm proud to be a runner.  Our spirits are not easily crushed - we'll continue to run.
Ok, off my soapbox now. Thanks for listening.  What made your week fresh and fantastic?  Feel free to share here or you can pop over and visit Katherine.

Talk to you soon!


1 comment:

  1. I love your three! Especially how you're running for Boston.

    ReplyDelete