Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

27 April 2013

Thin Mint Cookie Cheesecake Pie

Mmm...Thin Mints.  By far my favorite Girl Scout cookie.  I'm not one of those that purchases cases and cases of them when cookie time comes around, but I always purchase my fair share.  Which I then, typically, freeze and ration out in small portions in order to make them last as long as possible.  I really don't know what came over me when I decided to make this pie...it uses a good amount of Thin Mints...and it put a respectable dent in my hoard.  But...the pie was delicious.

It whips up in just a few minutes, aside from freezing the crust, and you don't even need to turn on the oven.  It's a nice cool, minty treat for warmer weather.  If you don't have Thin Mints, I would venture you could simply use chocolate-covered chocolate cookies and add a teaspoon or two of mint extract.  I haven't tried it this way, but you'd get a similar effect...I think.

Thin Mint Cookie Cheesecake Pie
Printable Recipe

Yield:  8 to 10 servings
Time:  15 minutes, plus chilling

P4140077_ew

Ingredients:

  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 2 sleeves (i.e. 1 box) Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies
Preparation:
  1. Finely crush 24 cookies.  Once crushed, add the melted butter and stir to combine.
  2. Press crumb mixture evenly across the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie tin.  Place the crust in the fridge (about 30 minutes) or freezer (10 - 15 minutes) until hardened.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.  Gently fold in the Cool Whip.
  4. Crush 15 to 20 cookies.  Fold the crushed cookies into the cheesecake/cool whip mixture.
  5. Spread the filling mixture into the cold pie crust.  Top with additional cookie crumbs.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.
  6. Eat any remaining cookies, reserve for additional garnish, or save for a later use.
Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment