These are super simple to make (just remember to set the butter out so it can soften!) and the dough is eggless, so you can safely eat it without worrying about getting sick from raw eggs. Though full disclosure - I grew up eating raw cookie dough and I'm still here, so...
I will admit that without the eggs, the dough doesn't seem quite the same, but it's a very close approximation! And, the fam never complains when I make them, in fact, they nearly wipe out a batch in one go, so that's a pretty good recommendation.
You can roll the bites by hand, or take the easy route like I do, and use a food disher/cookie scoop. I typically use a fairly small scoop (size #100 or approximately .32 ounces); these little babies are pretty rich! You can also dress them up a bit for presentation by setting each one in a mini cupcake liner.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Prep: 10 minutes
Refrigerate: minimum 1 hour or until set
Yield: 3 to 4 dozen bites, depending on size
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 11/2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Additional chocolate chips for drizzle or dipping, if desired
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Add the water and vanilla extract; mix well. Add the flour and salt; stir to combine. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Roll or scoop into small balls. Place on wax paper lined cookie sheet, refrigerate until firm and set.
- If topping with chocolate drizzle, melt additional chocolate and drizzle over bites. (You can add the drizzle prior to refrigerating.) If dipping, refrigerate bites until set, then dip in additional melted chocolate, and refrigerate again until chocolate is set.
- Serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If the dough seems sticky while you're trying to shape it, you can refrigerate the dough until it has set-up a bit or if you're in a hurry you can add additional flour a tablespoon at a time until it reaches a workable consistency.
Psst...you've still got a chance to enter to win the birthday/Christmas gifts. Pop over here to do so!