Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

19 December 2013

It's Not All Sugar Cookies and Sprinkles

Not today, anyway.  And, yes, I'm referring to the ubiquitous Christmas cookies.  In fact, here's round 2 of said cookies.

PC130051_cew

Don't grumble at me.  I said it wasn't ALL sugar cookies and sprinkles today, at no point did I say there wouldn't be any.


But, now that we have that out of the way, how about a few different things?  Like Christmas cake balls!  The red ones were chocolate gingerbread flavored; I thought they were tasty, but have to admit I prefer just the plain chocolate version.

PC130045_ew

An eggnog rum cake, double glazed with caramel rum and vanilla eggnog sauces.  Yum!  Although, still not rummy enough according to some of my co-workers (the cake was for our office Christmas party).

PC100002_ew

A variety of cupcakes (really just three flavors), decorated pretty basic, but not Christmas themed.  After all, "normal" life goes on even during the holidays, sometimes despite our best efforts to just get lost in the season.

PC100012_ew

Speaking of "normal" life, even with Christmas only a few days away, birthdays still happen.  Celebrate with sprinkles.

PC130016_ew

Or if you prefer, make a specific request, like this famous cat and mouse duo my nephew requested.  (He also requested a purple dragon, apparently he has become a fan of Maleficent in Sleeping Beauty, but I couldn't figure out a good way to work that into the cake design.)

PC130080_cew

Random side note:  Maleficent is my favorite Disney villain by far.  And...did you know they are producing a movie about her, scheduled for release next summer?

Anywho, how's your Christmas shopping coming along?  Less than a week to go, don't tarry!

Talk to you soon!

P.S. Don't forget you can still enter the birthday/Christmas giveaway (until December 30).  Just pop over here to get the details and leave your comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment