"Hey, Smalls, you wanna s'more?"
"Some more of what?"
"No, do you wanna s'more?"
"I haven't had anything yet, so how can I have some more of nothing?"
"You're killing me, Smalls!"
Side note: If you've never seen The Sandlot I highly recommend that you do so. It's an excellent movie. Anywho, I've got a recipe for you today and yes, it is for a s'more themed confection. However, you don't need to roast any marshmallows and your risk of getting the sticky, gooey mess that can be a s'more all over your hands and face is pretty will nil.
Yes, I know you think I'm taking all the fun out of this and I have to agree there are few things as good as a freshly made s'more with a fire roasted marshmallow. But...this incarnation is highly portable, and you still get grahams, marshmallows, and chocolate. Two kinds of chocolate, in fact.
This makes a ton, so I'll just warn you of that right now. You will need the largest bowl you own and even that may not be large enough; it may take two of the largest bowls you own. Bright side, you'll have plenty to share, if you can bring yourself to do so.
S'more Snack Mix
Time: 10 minutes + drying
Yield: Approx 8 cups
- 16 oz box Golden Grahams cereal
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips
- 2 - 3 oz containers of Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits, vanilla flavor
- 6 to 8 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate, melted
- Combine the cereal, white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, and Mallow Bits in a large bowl.
- Drizzle approximately half of the melted chocolate over the cereal/chip/marshmallow mixture, stirring to evenly distribute.
- Spread the mixture onto baking sheets lined with wax or parchment paper. Drizzle remaining melted chocolate over the top. Allow to cool until chocolate is set.
- Store in an airtight container.