Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

30 January 2014

Deja Who?

Deja what?

Deja vu.  That's who and what.

P1220006_cew

If you're a follower of the blog, you may be thinking you've seen this cake before.  And you'd be somewhat correct; I did a similar design a few months back.  (Evidence here.)  I did change it up a  wee bit, but it's still essentially the same design, which leaves me a little torn.  On one hand, I'm glad someone liked a previous design enough to request it for their own cake and it does make the planning and building go considerably quicker, but on the other hand - it's the same cake, been there done that.  Part of the fun is designing something new and individual for each person, but the customer is the ultimate decision maker...if they order a design that's been done by me previously, I'll do it again.  That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Speaking of deja vu - do the flowers on this cake look somewhat familiar?

P1230022_cew

If so, you have been paying attention; gold star!  They are a few extras I had made for use on a previous cake, but ended up not needing them.  Rather than chunk them in the garbage, and waste all that time, effort, and gumpaste, I opted to hang on to them, knowing I'd be able to find a use for them at some point.  Sure enough, I did!  (And, before you get all huffy about me using flowers from one design on another, it's not like they were previously used, taken off a cake, then recycled.)

Though for everything that comes around again, there are also new adventures to balance everything out.  For instance, this circus themed cake (and smash cake); made to match the party decorations, of course!

P1230032_cew

And this bow-tie cake for a baby shower.

P1250076_cew

And this chevron, striped, and "give me the keys" themed sweet 16 birthday cake.

P1250093_cew

The license plate was an edible image - I knew better than to attempt hand drawing that design.

Hmm...just noticed there was lots of blue in these past few cakes.  That was unplanned, promise!

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment