Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

10 January 2014

Naked Cake

Don't look at me like that.  Naked cakes are a pretty hot trend right now.  I'll show you one at the end of this post.  But first, I "mustache" you a question or two...

P1010012_cew

Have you been enjoy the bowl game portion of football season?  I have to honestly say, I haven't...OU won (translation - I lost a bet because of the upset) and OSU lost.  Sad, sad days.  Though one bright side, I got to attend the Cotton Bowl!  And, we had seats in a suite - it was a sweet experience.

P1020021_ew

Are you feeling O-K...L-A-H-O-M-A?

P1020030_cew

This was the groom's cake for my new nephew-in-law.  The reception was held in Stillwater - the day after the Cotton Bowl, so I basically ended up making one giant loop from home to Dallas to Stillwater to home again (jiggity jog) and, I even got to have a different chauffeur for each leg of the trip.  Good times.  

Are you ready to see the naked cake?

Ta-dah!

P1040048_cew

This was my niece's wedding cake!  Chocolate cake filled with dark chocolate ganache.  No icing or fondant to finish it off - that's what makes it "naked."  I was concerned about the cake drying out (I prepped it on Thursday, so it could settle Friday, and travel with Madre and the Oklahoma cake on Saturday), but it stayed surprisingly moist.  Have to admit, though, that I think I prefer a "finished" cake to a "naked" one...but then again I like a good dose of frosting.

Football, wedding reception, new cake style...all good ways to kick-off 2014!

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment