Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

17 December 2014

Leaf Pile

One of my favorite things about Autumn is crunching through the fallen leaves.

PB110104_ew

Around my neck of the woods, though, we don't usually have many leaves that stick around to be piled up; the wind usually sweeps them away to parts unknown.




PB070006_cew

But...when I do happen across a pile of leaves, I'm that person that kicks and crunches through them several times.  What can I say, it makes me smile.

PB280011_ew

I've always thought it'd be fun to make a HUGE pile of leaves and then jump into it from some heights above...maybe using a ladder or from a roof.  Yeah, I know that sounds rather unsafe, but I'd do it anyway; channel Calvin and Hobbes though hopefully without the angry parental figure.

PB110114_cew

With leaves in short supply though, maybe I should give some consideration to using corn stalks, those things pile up along the fence lines pretty good.  Don't think they'd be as soft and crunchy as leaves though.

PB110125_ew

Some explanation for the cake above - it's an anniversary cake.  The recipients' were celebrating their anniversary in the corn field this year since harvest was a bit behind.  The client had a tractor, combine, and bride and groom topper to place atop the cake in the field of "dirt."  Fun, huh?

Talk to you soon!

P.S.  The blog birthday/holiday giveaway is still going on, you can enter HERE until noon on December 22!

No comments:

Post a Comment