Advance Notice

ALL custom cake orders must be placed at least two (2) weeks in advance.
December 2016 is currently fully booked.
Sugared will be on vacation January 2017 and will NOT be accepting orders from January 1 - January 31, 2017.

17 December 2014

Leaf Pile

One of my favorite things about Autumn is crunching through the fallen leaves.

PB110104_ew

Around my neck of the woods, though, we don't usually have many leaves that stick around to be piled up; the wind usually sweeps them away to parts unknown.




PB070006_cew

But...when I do happen across a pile of leaves, I'm that person that kicks and crunches through them several times.  What can I say, it makes me smile.

PB280011_ew

I've always thought it'd be fun to make a HUGE pile of leaves and then jump into it from some heights above...maybe using a ladder or from a roof.  Yeah, I know that sounds rather unsafe, but I'd do it anyway; channel Calvin and Hobbes though hopefully without the angry parental figure.

PB110114_cew

With leaves in short supply though, maybe I should give some consideration to using corn stalks, those things pile up along the fence lines pretty good.  Don't think they'd be as soft and crunchy as leaves though.

PB110125_ew

Some explanation for the cake above - it's an anniversary cake.  The recipients' were celebrating their anniversary in the corn field this year since harvest was a bit behind.  The client had a tractor, combine, and bride and groom topper to place atop the cake in the field of "dirt."  Fun, huh?

Talk to you soon!

P.S.  The blog birthday/holiday giveaway is still going on, you can enter HERE until noon on December 22!

No comments:

Post a Comment