Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

15 January 2015

December Delights

Yes, I know it's January.

Yes, I know it's the middle of January, but, hey, that doesn't mean we can't still enjoy the Christmas-y confection eye-candy.  (Although, I'll admit, most of these photos are a bit blah...the short days really wreak havoc on my photographing "skills.")

First off, Christmas cookies!  You knew they were going to be in here somewhere, so might as well start off with them.  I only made a few hundred cookies this year, slacker that I am.

PC160013_cew

The toppers for these cupcakes were just something I stumbled across while in one of my all to often trips to Wally World.  They were too cute to pass up, so I didn't.  Haha!  And, luckily for them, they made their way onto cupcakes.  (Psst!  The penguin is my favorite!)

PC160030_cew

And, just in case jelly candy toppers aren't your thing, I made a few with snowflakes and an alternate light bulb style.  The penguin is still my favorite...

PC160041_ew

Cake balls.  A simple and fun solution for serving at parties.  And, my niece was excited because she got a few of the overruns and rejects (like that one right there with the giant crack across the top of it).  It's the simple things.

PC110004_cew

The holly and the ivy...wreath style.  And, edible, of course.

PC190050_cew

The holidays usually see an uptick in weddings.  And, I have to admit, I love winter wedding cakes - not only because the themes are usually woodsy and wintry, but also because I don't have to worry quite so much about the cakes having meltdowns on the way to the reception site.

PC270040_cew

Yeah, 100 degrees and buttercream do not mix, trust me, I know from experience.  Luckily, I didn't have to worry about that with either of these cakes.  Both of which I love by the way.

PC270028_ew

Tired of Christmas yet?  I know you're thinking to yourself, "I just barely survived the holidays, can we not revisit them for a few months at least?"

And, to that I say..."Sure!"  How about a turtle cake and pizza cookie to end today's post?

PC120032_cew

Because we all know those guys love their pizza.

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment