Advance Notice

ALL custom cake orders must be placed at least two (2) weeks in advance.
December 2016 is currently fully booked.
Sugared will be on vacation January 2017 and will NOT be accepting orders from January 1 - January 31, 2017.

27 January 2015

Pasta Sauce Problem


I love homemade pasta sauce - red sauce, cream sauce, cheese sauce, I enjoy them all.  But, sometimes when I make homemade sauces they tend to thicken up more than I'd like.  The answer - add a splash of the pasta water to the sauce.  It will help thin the sauce down without watering it down; the pasta water contains some starch from the cooked pasta and, hopefully, a little salt.  (You do salt your pasta water, right?  It is the only chance you have to season the pasta.)

I usually add a 1/4 cup or so at a time until I reach the consistency I'm looking for.

Mmm...tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment