Advance Notice

ALL custom cake orders must be placed at least two (2) weeks in advance.
December 2016 is currently fully booked.
Sugared will be on vacation January 2017 and will NOT be accepting orders from January 1 - January 31, 2017.

16 May 2013

The Dog Ate My Homework

And a few reasons why I haven't shared cake and other goodies with you for a couple of weeks...9 reasons to be exact.  Why 9?  Because that's how many photos I have today, and no, the reasons will not match up to the photos in most cases.

Excuses, you say?  Nah, I refuse to refer to them as such.  They are reasons...good ones, too!  And, no, there isn't actually any homework involved...I haven't had much of that in a few years!

Reason #1:
My to-do list is pages long.  My calendar blocks are so full I couldn't possibly squeeze in another word.  And, my pending orders folder has reached maximum capacity.

P5020011_cew

Account #2:
Pioneer Days happened...if you're familiar with the event, no more need be said.  If you're not, take my word for it. *big grin*

P5030066_ew

Defense #3:
I took a quick trip to Denver, CO.

P5040089_cew

Exposition #4:
I saw Zac Brown Band in concert at Red Rocks!  Amazing show...if you get the chance and are a fan, I recommend you see them.

P5030044_ew

Ground #5:
I ran a 10K in the Mile High City.  The thinner air didn't affect me as negatively as I anticipated.

P5030033_cew

Idea #6:
The weather is warming up quickly.  My AC has not been working.  It's repaired now and the bill came today.  Decorating cakes with buttercream in 90°F heat is difficult.  Writing the check to cover the bill was painful.

P5040117_cew

Justification #7:
I commenced training for the Savage Race.  It's a far cry from my typical training.  It's strangely fun, but I hurt.

P5050128_cew

Notion #8:
Mother's Day.  'Nuff said.

P5080010_cew

Rationale #9:
Graduation season is in full swing.  It will segue into summer wedding season.  I need a vacation.

P5120146_cew

Talk to you soon!  (Hopefully!)
P.S.  Bonus points if you recognized all the reason synonyms.

No comments:

Post a Comment