I usually mix up this yumminess when I have lonely containers of vanilla yogurt languishing in my fridge. Oh yes, it happens. I have this great idea while I'm in the store that I'll eat plain vanilla yogurt and be super healthy...then it seldom happens. Though once it's frozen and has some extras added to it, it seems to disappear pretty fast...one of the great mysteries of life.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt
Prep: 10 to 15 minutes
Freeze: 6 to 8 hours or until set, preferably overnight
Yield: 12-ish servings
- Eggless Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (feel free to add the whole bag if you like)
- 24 oz vanilla yogurt (Greek or regular, your choice)
- Make the cookie dough - in a bowl combine the butter and brown sugar. Beat until smooth. Add the vanilla and water and mix well. Add the flour and salt and stir to combine. Stir in mini chocolate chips. If you prefer the cookie dough stay in larger pieces, refrigerate for refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. If you don't mind it breaking up and sharing its cookie goodness with every bit of the yogurt, use immediately.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- Place in an airtight container and freeze until solid or overnight.
- Adjust the amount of yogurt to find the perfect balance and consistency for your tastes.
- I typically don't refrigerate the cookie dough prior to adding the yogurt. I'm too impatient for that, plus I like the cookie flavor "infused" into the yogurt versus large chunks of it.
- I store the yogurt in small glass canning jars; makes it easy to serve and it is already portioned.
Happy yogurt making!