Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

01 October 2014

Sweet & Simple

Fancy, intricate cakes and confections are always challenging and entertaining to plan and execute - not to mention they get plenty of "oohs" and "aahs" upon delivery.

But...there's something to be said for simple creations as well.  For one, you don't have to worry or feel bad about eating the "work of art."

P9230074_cew

I know...you're probably thinking to yourself, "why order a cake if you don't want to eat it.  Isn't that the point?"

Well, yes, it is, but you might be surprised how often I hear, "I don't want to eat it, it's too ______ (insert proper descriptive term here)."

P9180062_ew

Don't get me wrong, I'm always pleased to hear such a response, but I always answer that it's cake and meant to be eaten.  It's not an everlasting piece of art work, it will deteriorate and go bad if you don't eat it, so enjoy it!

P9160045_cew

Talk to you soon!
*P.S. - Do you notice how dark my photos are?  Yep...the days are getting shorter and I'm running out of daylight during my evening cake sessions.  Fall is here!  And winter won't be far behind...I'm hoping for snow, lots and lots of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment