Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

10 October 2011

Wedding Cakes Rock - OSSAS 2011

Whew!  I've finally managed to wade through all the photos I took at the Oklahoma Sugar Art Show on October 1 & 2.  I literally had hundreds to sift through, and rather than post them all, I chose a few of my favorite entries to share with you.

Disclaimer:  None of the cakes pictured here (besides the one at the very end of the post) are my work.  They are all the work and creation of very talented sugar artists.  I was unable to get the artist's name for all of these photos, but if I've pictured your cake here, and you'd like me to list your name as the creator, let me know, and I'll be happy to!


It's all about the eye candy today!

The theme for the Grand National Wedding Cake Competition this year was "Wedding Cakes Rock," meaning that the artists didn't have to use any particular theme for inspiration, but could instead use their wildest imagination to create dream wedding cakes.  They are in no particular order (other than the first photo, after that its just how I snapped the photos as we viewed the entries).  Hope you enjoy!

PA021513_cew
Winner of the Grand National Wedding
Cake Competition

PA021600_cew


PA021597_cew


PA021521_cew


PA021501_cew


PA021499_cew


PA021500_cew


PA021520_cew


PA021587_cew


PA021588_cew


PA021592_cew


PA021601_cew


PA021603_cew

The Grand National Wedding Cake Competition runs in conjunction with the Oklahoma Sugar Art Show.  The entries below were entered in the OSSAS.  Also, keep in mind that everything showcased here has to be able to be re-created in cake or some edible medium (i.e. sugar, gumpaste, chocolate, etc.).  While Styrofoam cake dummies are acceptable for use, if the cake is carved into shape (see Smurfette cake below, as well as several of the other photos) then the entry must be cake!

PA021555_cew


PA021528_cew


PA021572_cew


PA021570_cew


PA021569_cew


PA021549_cew


PA021571_cew


PA021527_cew


PA021563_cew



PA021558_cew

Pretty amazing stuff, huh?  I aspire to master some of these beautiful techniques...though I'm a far cry from competing with any of these masters!

As for my entry that won second place in its division, did any of you guess this one?

PA051632_cew

Hope you enjoyed seeing all the beautiful cake artistry today!  Talk to you soon!
Oh...and what would a trip to the fair be without trying some kind of crazy "fair food" item?  This year's winner for craziest dish tried goes to K, for the fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

PA021611_cew

I tried a bit of it and have to say it wasn't half bad...I wouldn't want to eat one very often, but it was better than I anticipated.  And a shout out to some of the rest of the fam (SP, MP, and KP) and friends (MZ and CZ) that came to enjoy the crowds with K and I, it was great to see all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment