Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

14 March 2012

Candied Cuppies

Translation:  "cuppies" = cupcakes, standard size.  Or at least it does here in my world.  I'm sure there are others who refer to cupcakes in the same way...

But, anywho, now that you are familiar with the local jargon, how about a few citrus cuppies?

P3090450_ew

The key lime version is on the left, the lemon version is on the right.  (Just in case the citrus peel toppers didn't give it away. Hehe!)  This is the first time I've candied citrus peel, and let me just say, it's a time consuming process...but the results are sooo delish!  I had to force myself to stop sampling the finished product; otherwise, there wouldn't have been enough to top the cupcakes.

If citrus isn't your choice, then maybe a few butterflies and blossoms?

P3110467_cew

They have a very "spring" vibe, don't they?  And, I admit, these cuppies added to my intensifying case of spring fever.  We've been having gorgeous weather here, and all I want to do is spend hours and hours outside - plotting a garden, reading on the back deck, etc.  Oh, and in case you are wondering, I didn't make the candies, I picked them up at our local superstore in the Easter candy section...

Or, maybe you're still searching for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?  If so, these might interest you.

P3020426_cew

Yup, chocolate cupcakes with buttercream icing AND a rainbow sugar cookie topper.  I'm a firm believer in combining two desserts into one...makes life that much sweeter and it means you don't have to decide between one or the other!

Speaking of pots of gold, don't forget that Saint Patrick's Day is this Saturday, March 17; make sure you remember to wear your green!  Oh, and be sure to check back on Friday for a "lucky" dessert/drink recipe!

Slán!

No comments:

Post a Comment