Advance Notice

No new orders are currently being scheduled.

02 March 2012

Seems Familiar...

P2240363_cew

Doesn't it?  Somewhat comparable to this cake and this cake, right?  If so, then that's a good thing, since the design was based off of the second cake in particular.  Everything was edible except for the feather accessory and the purse handle - I had to put wire through the fondant handle in order to give it enough support to stand.  The purse was formed from rice krispies and the gumpaste makeup pieces were personalized with the birthday girl's initials/monogram.

P2240352_ew

This cake, although you can't tell it here, was Neapolitan.  Confused?  The layers were white almond cake, chocolate cake, and strawberry cake.  Makes sense now, right?  Oh, and on a side note, I am not a fan of Neapolitan ice cream.  Not that you probably needed or cared to know that, but now you do!

I was a bit apprehensive about how this cake was going to turn out considering the color scheme and all the patterns (the design was the recipient's with minimal input from yours truly), but I actually really liked the cake once it was completely finished.  The bow at the base is probably one of my favorites I've made to date; it has a perfect shape and was SUPER easy to build.  I'm going to have to try the pattern for a larger size bow just to see if it's still as easy and as prettily shaped.

And, on a completely non-cake related note, we are gearing up for kidding season around the homeplace, so I've been picking out lots of new recipes to cook for the fam and crew.  If any of them are particularly delish, I'll do my best to share the recipes and photos.  The recipes will be the easy part...trying to snap photos of a dish before the hungry masses descend on it is another thing entirely, so wish me luck!

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment