Are you drooling yet?
This pie is amazingly good and amazingly rich. That's really all I think I need to say about it; no sense in wasting words when you could be putting this decadence together!
But, wait, there is just one little thing... I can't help myself, and you'll thank me later. Promise!
The thick fudge layer can turn slicing this pie into an adventure. But to easily solve the problem, allow the pie to warm at room temperature for about 30 minutes before slicing AND run your knife under hot water for a few seconds before cutting each piece. Though if you'd rather not mess with the hot knife tip, you can just hack your way through the pie with a cold knife - you'll get an arm and wrist workout that way!
Ready to make your own?
Reese's Fudge Pie
Yield: 12 servings
- For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- For the fudge:
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz bag Reese's minis OR 1 cup roughly chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- For the Peanut Butter Mousse:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate, for drizzling
- Make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar in a small bowl. Press the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 9 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Make the fudge:
- Place the sweetened condensed milk, the chocolate chips, salt, and vanilla extract in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Be careful not to burn the mixture.
- Spread the fudge over the crust. Sprinkle the Reese's over the top of the fudge and use your clean hand or a spatula to press the pieces lightly into the fudge.
- Make the mousse:
- Mix the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and cream cheese with a hand mixer until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spread the mousse over the fudge layer. Drizzle with the melted chocolate, if desired. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until 30 minutes prior to serving.