Advance Notice

ALL custom cake orders must be placed at least two (2) weeks in advance.
No new orders are currently being scheduled.

04 October 2013

Cake Bosses in the Making

I supervised a group of budding cake decorators at a birthday party last week.  I know, you're sitting there asking yourself what in the world I'm talking about, so let me explain.

The birthday girl wanted to have a cake decorating party as part of her celebration.  Her mom asked me if I would be able to help make that happen.  I figured "why not?"  It's something different, out of the ordinary and it might be pretty fun.

Basically, I provided the guests each a plain white iced buttercream cake (i.e. their blank canvas), several colors of buttercream, some fondant, and the decorating tools and knowledge; they provided the creativity.  I was impressed, definitely a group of possible future decorators.  I told them they could come sous chef for me, as long as they helped with the clean-up.  There weren't a lot of takers.

Here's their creations.

P9270032_crop1

Pretty good, huh?  Like I said, I was very impressed with their creativity.

Here's a couple of my creations from last week, too.

P9230006_cew

Sprinkles!  Who doesn't love sprinkles on their birthday cake?  I assume the recipient did, I didn't ask his preference since it was a surprise...

P9250025_cew

A birthday cake for the bosses - that's a good employee right there.  This one was German chocolate, so the decoration was kept pretty simple, but hopefully it earned some good brownie points.

Talk to you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment